Pelvic Pain: Pinning Down the Cause
While many women might simply disregard pelvic pain as something they have to endure, such discomfort should hardly be dismissed. In fact, pelvic pain can actually be a symptom of a more serious medical condition; and consulting with a urogynecologist is often necessary in order to pinpoint the underlying cause. At Coyle Institute, Dr. Coyle offers his patients his singular expertise in urogynecology to provide them with options that will relieve them from such issues as pelvic pain. In order to diagnose and determine the specific causes of such a concern, he consults with his patients to evaluate their daily habits, explore their medical history, and discuss the ways that their particular pain may be presenting itself.
At Coyle Institute, our specialized medical evaluations often include:
- Pregnancy tests in order to investigate the possibility of pregnancy and determine the need for further testing such as an ultrasound, which may highlight the presence of a tubal pregnancy.
- Blood testing to establish such numbers as complete blood count and sedimentation rate, which often indicates inflammation, infection, or anemia.
- Urine testing such as urine cultures and urinalysis, which provide proof of kidney stones or urinary infections.
- Testing of the stools to search for blood, which are indicative of larger problems.
- Pelvic examinations and digital rectal examinations to rule out the presence of abnormalities.
- Screening for sexually transmitted diseases.