Overflow Incontinence: Causes and Treatment for Women
Overflow incontinence happens when the bladder doesn’t empty completely, causing it to fill quickly, which leads to more frequent and urgent urination. After eliminating more common causes of urinary incontinence such as a bladder or urinary tract infection, your doctor can run tests to pinpoint the cause of your urinary issues. Overflow incontinence is rare in women but can be treated effectively by a urogynecologist.
Is it time to seek help for your overflow incontinence? Ask yourself these questions:
- Is my everyday life impacted by urinary incontinence?
- Is my sex life hurt by urinary incontinence?
- Do I experience ongoing anxiety due to urinary incontinence?
- Is my self-esteem and self-image hurt by urinary incontinence?
- Am I ready to discuss my issues with a urogynecologist and seek proven treatment?