10 DiVa® FAQs - MonaLisa Touch Versus DiVa® By Sciton
10 diVa® FAQs - MonaLisa Touch versus diVa® by Sciton
Are you considering vaginal rejuvenation?
A lot of women are thinking about that same choice every day. Many women over the age of 40 are seeking this simple, painless procedure as an alternative to surgery.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best vaginal rejuvenation treatment for you, your lifestyle and your goals.
Why vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal laser therapy is about more than just feeling younger and more confident (although those are some of the awesome side effects), it’s a revelation for women suffering from a wide range of vaginal health issues.
Poor vaginal health leads to a variety of issues that impair quality of life.
diVa® Vaginal Rejuvenation
By Dr. Michael Coyle, D.O.
Which vaginal rejuvenation procedure fits your life and needs?
While both MonaLisa Touch and diVa® by Sciton are both popular, you may be surprised to learn some distinct differences.
Here are some diVa® FAQs to ask yourself when choosing between MonaLisa Touch and diVa® by Sciton.
1. Do I want a customizable treatment?
- diVa® by Sciton: diVa® is 100% customizable based on the patient’s needs, goals and anatomy. diVa® provides three treatment angles controlled by the provider: 90°, 180° and 360°. diVa® is the only device available that includes High Precision Automation to ensure the safest and best treatment outcome for patients and predictability for the operator.
- MonaLisa Touch: MonaLisa Settings are not customizable. The provider manually rotates the handpiece.
2. Do I want a shorter treatment time?
- diVa® by Sciton: Three to five minutes per treatment to treat the whole vaginal canal.
- MonaLisa Touch: Three 5-minute procedures at 6-week intervals.
3. Do I have functional concerns from my poor vaginal health, such as incontinence?
- diVa® by Sciton: diVa® stimulates collagen production in deeper tissues to rebuild strong and resilient vaginal walls that help support the bladder and urinary tract, relieving urinary incontinence.
- MonaLisa Touch: Is only tested specifically for the treatment of vaginal atrophy.
4. Is my vaginal laxity leading to poor sexual health?
- diVa® by Sciton: diVa® is proven to tone and tighten the vaginal canal. While the collagen and elastin layers rebuild they create a more toned vagina and the new tissue structures "plump" the vaginal wall.
- MonaLisa Touch: The MonaLisa CO2 fractional laser can treat those cases of vaginal laxity where the "loose vagina" is due to a mucosal tone loss. The provider would have to further evaluate the cause of the looseness to exclude a prolapse or an involvement of the muscles.
5. Would minimal downtime be a key factor in my choice?
- diVa® by Sciton: Return to your daily routine, with no aftereffects, immediately and observe painless, comfortable vaginal rest for 48 hours.
- MonaLisa Touch: Mild burning for 48 hours; vaginal rest for two to three days.
6. Is returning to my sexual routine right away a key decision maker?
- diVa® by Sciton: 48 hours of vaginal rest.
- MonaLisa Touch: Patients should refrain from sexual activity for 2-3 days.
7. Is cost a consideration?
- diVa® by Sciton: Average of $1,200 per treatment; with package discounts available. Comparable price to other options with more comprehensive and lasting results. Isn’t your most intimate area worth it?
- MonaLisa Touch: Average of $1,200 per treatment; package discounts available from some providers.
8. Are you concerned about the time it will take for a full course of treatment?
- diVa® by Sciton: Three to five 3- to 5-minute treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart with 48 hours of painless recovery.
- MonaLisa Touch: Two to four 10-minute treatments. Each treatment is spaced 1-2 months apart with two to three days of recovery with vaginal burning.
9. Do you want to treat more than one issue with a single procedure?
- diVa® by Sciton: Treats vaginal atrophy, urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness with a customized 3-to-5-minute procedure.
- MonaLisa Touch: Treats only vaginal atrophy with a 10-minute procedure.
10. Do you want a fast and thorough treatment with the best technology available?
- diVa® by Sciton: Dual wavelengths, Erbium YAG and Diode with a maximum depth of 800 microns. Additionally, diVa® 's dual-wavelength hybrid technology and tunability allow operators to customize treatments based on a patient's age, symptoms and desired results.
- MonaLisa Touch: CO2 laser with a maximum depth of 200 microns.
Have more questions than the diVa® FAQs can answer?
Contact Coyle Institute today to learn more about diVa® and schedule your consultation.