Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy: Maximized Care
As many women know, the natural process of aging takes a toll on their reproductive organs, often causing a wide range of urogynecological issues that may require special treatment and even surgery. Fortunately, with the advances of technologies used in healthcare, treatment methods such as minimally invasive robotic surgery have become used in more and more applications; and now women who face the need to have a hysterectomy are no longer limited to traditional open surgery but have the option of minimally invasive hysterectomy instead. At Coyle Institute, urogynecologist Dr. Michael Coyle has had years of experience in women’s health and has become a recognized national leader in performing minimally invasive surgeries of all kinds, including the highly advanced, robotically assisted daVinci procedure. As a laparoscopic surgeon, he holds a unique distinction among his peers and can provide his patients with the highest level of care and treatment, ensuring that they have an even greater chance at successfully reaching their goal of living a happy, healthy life free of pain.
Much like traditional hysterectomies, minimally invasive hysterectomy procedures such as daVinci hysterectomy are performed to remove the uterus, most often necessitated in cases where the patient is experiencing urogynecological conditions including:
- Fibroid uterus, or tumorous growths in the uterus which can cause pelvic pain, increased bleeding during menstruation, painful intercourse, infertility, urinary incontinence, and many other complications
- Edometriosis, which is the growth of the uterine lining outside of the uterus and generally causes pain, increased cramps and bleeding during menstruation, digestive problems, and other serious symptoms
- Pelvic pain experienced on a chronic basis
- Vaginal bleeding
- Adenomyosis, which occurs when the inner lining of the uterus breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus and causes many abnormal levels of painful symptoms during menstruation including increased bleeding, bloating, and intense cramps or pressure
- Uterine prolapse, a type of pelvic organ prolapse in which the uterus slides out of place and moves to the vaginal canal
Minimizing The Concern
At Coyle Institute, we know that our patients depend on our ability to provide them with the very best care and advice when it comes to their health; and by offering them the option of a minimally invasive surgery including daVinci surgery, we are providing them with the most precise treatment available. Using a single site incision, daVinci surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and other types of minimally invasive procedures provide them with many benefits, including:
- Decreased recovery time
- Performance of the procedure on an outpatient basis, rather than requiring the admittance to a hospital
- Decreased scarring
- Less post-surgery pain
- Less blood loss
- Reduced risk of complications
- Increased access to delicate organs, with less trauma
- More accurate removal of lymph nodes in cases of cancer
While the recommendation for minimally invasive hysterectomy might not suit all of our patients’ individual conditions, most women will benefit from this highly successful, highly advanced method of treatment; and we’ve become a trusted area leader for our unique level of expertise. At Coyle, we believe in the advantages of minimally invasive treatment, and we want the women in our care to feel secure in our recommendations. We’ll address their concerns and provide them with answers to all of their questions as we consider their options so that they can move forward in confidence and look ahead to a brighter future.
Minimize your recovery even as you maximize your health! Give the experts at Coyle Institute a call today!
Restoring Women's Lives
We’re restoring lives through improved pelvic health so you can focus on what’s important: enjoying your life and the people you love.